Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Week Five: Poetry


We read:
1. "Ballad of Birmingham" by Dudley Randall
2. "Richard Cory" by Edwin Arlington Robinson

We watched:
1. Buldoc-Simpson's Preaching on Poetry presentation
2."Frankie & Johnny" videos

We wrote:
1. A ballad
2. Final draft of paper 1

In my opinion, the best part of this week was the discussion forum that we did as our face to face class. I was honored to be nominated as a discussion leader and hope that I helped to facilitate a healthy discussion. I really tried to put together questions that I thought would be thought-provoking, and I found that I received great and emotional responses to the questions! I learned so much more than I expected about the poems. I know that Mrs. Simpson would have preferred to have a normal class but I think the discussion forum turned out to be better because the students went so in depth and everyone was able to speak and be heard!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about online discussion forums producing more in depth thinking. You did a phenomenal job, by the way.

    ReplyDelete